Featured in our March Fit Snack Box, Charge On Real Food Protein Bars offer real nutrition from real food – exactly what you need to reach your fitness goals in 2017.
At the start of the year, many of us made resolutions to workout more and live healthier lives. But, when life gets in the way, our wellness goals are usually the first to fall by the wayside.
So, in case you, or someone you know, need a little extra inspiration, Fit Snack and Charge On Real Food Protein Bars are here to help.
A lack of time is the most common obstacle cited in maintaining a regular workout schedule. However, there are many fast and easy workout methods to re-energize your 2017 fitness regimen.
- Wearable Technology – fitness trackers and smart watches allow you to set goals and count steps over the course of the day. When life is busy, you can reach your goals while remaining on the go.
- Body Weight Training – don’t have time to hit the gym. No problem. Utilize body weight training routines to workout anywhere, anytime.
- Outdoor Activities – have a hard time hitting the gym. Take a hike, bike or walk with friends and family. You can spend with your loved ones while getting in the best shape of your life.
- Smart Phone Exercise App’s – there’s an app for that? Of course, there is. Purchase a few workout applications for your phone. You can select the duration of an exercise, and you’ll never run out of good training ideas.
These workout trends for 2017 are perfect for the person with a busy lifestyle. Pick your favorites, work hard, and most importantly, have fun.
But while you’re burning calories, you’ll need proper nutrition to support your body. Charge On Real Food Protein Bars has you covered.
“The Charge On Real Food Protein Bar is designed for people who want real nutrition from real food! This naturally sweetened healthy snack includes ingredients such as almond butter, coconut oil, cherries, and cashews.”
With active ingredients that aid in muscle repair, recovery, and strength, eat a Charge On Real Food Protein Bar whenever you need an extra charge!
Do you have unhealthy snack foods in your pantry that you’re struggling to give up? If so, you’re not alone. Cutting out junk food snacking is a seriously hard habit to kick.
Plus, when it comes to junk food, we all have a different Achilles heel. At the top of the list for many people are good old-fashioned potato chips.
However, underneath taste bud tantalizing flavors in fun to eat shapes and sizes, potato chips present some serious problems to your health. The negative health effects of potato chips include:
- Weight gain – a study of over 100,000 participants found that potato chips caused more weight gain than sugar-sweetened beverages.
- High in sodium– sodium consumption makes bodies retain water, burdening heart and blood vessels.
- Empty calories – when you’re body is not satiated by the foods you eat, you tend to overeat, missing out on crucial nutrients.
But have no fear fellow snackers. Healthy “junk” food options do exist!
Rise Buddy to the rescue!
A game changer in the healthy snacking revolution, Rise Buddy is featured in Fit Snacks March box. Great tasting, healthy and familiar in all the right ways, Rise Buddy is here to replace that unhealthy potato chip habit.
“Rise Buddy is the “new chip” off the old block. We taste just like the couch potato chip, but we’re Gluten Free, Trans-fat Free and best of all made from “whole grain” brown rice. That means families all snack smart.”
Rise Buddy is the amazing, 100% whole grain brown rice snack…and that means guilt free snacking.
The folks at Rise Buddy bring a family-focused mission to snacking. “We should be offering more healthy alternatives to our families. Rise Buddy is a snack targeted to disrupt the junk food market; by introducing an alternative and better snack.” We couldn’t agree more!
Rise Buddy is even Smart Snack approved, which means it exceeds all USDA’s nutritional standards for schoolchildren.
Goodbye potato chips. Hello Rise Buddy!
Try this amazing new product today with this exclusive Fit Snack offer: Use FIT38JOJ to receive 15% off Amazon orders until April 15, 2017. Click HERE and order Rise Buddy today.
Field Trip Jerky is a new jerky brand that will make you feel like a kid again. This craft jerky brand, providing healthy and protein rich fuel for your body and mind, is quickly becoming a Fit Snack favorite.
Based out of Brooklyn, NY Field Trip Jerky “saw the need for healthier protein-rich snacks that didn’t sacrifice quality and taste.” The founders, who were inspired to set off on their jerky journey while on a ski trip in Vermont, have achieved that and much, much more.
We love the great tasting, all natural ingredients the jerky connoisseurs at Field Trip Jerky have cooked up. The antithesis to “junk food jerky” found in gas stations packed with sodium nitrates, preservatives, and gluten, the team at Field Trip Jerky has provided a revolutionary jerky that is anything BUT ordinary.
The health benefits of Field Trip Jerky make it the perfect snack for all the adventures that lie ahead:
- Dried and seasoned with all natural ingredients. “A traditional cut of jerky, done right.”
- Higher protein per ounce, less sodium, and less sugar.
- Made with gluten free reduced sodium soy sauce. All products contain less than 5 ppm of wheat.
Catering to the protein preferences of jerky fans everywhere, Field Trip Jerky offers beef jerky, turkey jerky, and pork jerky. With flavors like original, cracked pepper, maple BBQ, teriyaki, sweet and spicy and toasted sesame, your taste buds will thank you.
Field Trip Jerky will make you want to go explore, live more adventurously and push your body and mind to new limits. The team at Field Trip Jerky will support your nutritional needs with a high quality, great tasting jerky snack for all the journeys that lie ahead. Explaining to your boss about the dramatic rise in sick days…well, that one’s up to you.
Here are five field trip ideas to go along with your tasty Field Trip Jerky:
- Trail Running
- Paddle Boarding
- Flash Mob Dancing
Fit Snack Founder Rose Muniz jumps for joy and Field Trip Jerky.
Grab a bag of Field Trip Jerky to share with friends, or an easy to carry, on the go stick for faster consumption.
Fellow Gods and Goddesses, Quinoa is a super grain that will change your life if you are not already a fan!
I’ll Start By Telling You a Story…
Zaramama is the Inca Goddess of Grain
In ancient times, Incan Queens were responsible for agriculture in their societies. Agriculture and weaving were two key factors in the lives of the Inca. You may be asking yourself “woman in charge of agriculture, but why?”
The answer is because women were “associated with the selection of seeds,” due to the fact that “cosmologically…women and the goddesses are forces of fertility” (Silverblatt 44).
So how does this relate to Quinoa? The Incan diet used this amazing ancient grain as a primary source of nutrition. It was the
“Gold of the Inca’s” as they believed that it increased the stamina of their Warriors. Incan Queens were responsible for selecting the very best seeds that would be grown by the women of their society. The Queen was honored to conduct seed selection and prided herself on this duty. Once seeds were selected, the upper class women of society took fine care of growing the crops.
Imagine living in a day where every single process of your nutrition was held in the highest regard by the highest members of society. Imagine eating quinoa grown for the approval of Zaramama, the Goddess of Grain.
Christopher Algea, Founder of Keen One Quinoa
Now Let’s Fast Forward to Today
Meet Christopher Algea. He developed the idea for a company called Keen One Quinoa while in College in Boulder Colorado. After College he went to work and launched his company. Their mission is to promote creative meals, use sustainable ingredients and source organic, fair trade quinoa, benefiting cooperatives in the Highlands of the Andes Mountains.
A few college buddies worked with Christopher start the company by developing Quinoa products in a commercial kitchen and taking them to farmers markets. Today, they have created heat and serve cups that make eating this amazing ancient grain delicious, easy, convenient and ready in 5 minutes! Zaramama, the Inca Goddess of Grain must be dancing in the clouds celebrating the beautiful company. Keen One Quinoa.
No doubt, we were lucky to partner with Keen One Quinoa featuring their Quinoa Cup in our January Fit Snack box. What a treat!
Quinoa Health Benefits
In conclusion, enjoy 5 reasons why Quinoa is good for you and fit for a Queen:
- One of the highest protein grains you can eat
- High in fiber
- Non GMO & Gluten free (as it’s usually grown organically)
- High in important minerals like iron and magnesium
- May help in weight loss!
Keen One Quinoa Cups were a perfect snack in our January 2017 Box!
It’s pretty normal to carve pumpkins and throw the seeds away or in some cases wash, salt and bake – boring! We don’t usually take the pumpkin carving tradition to the next level… which is making the BEST, most mouth watering pumpkin seeds you’ve ever tasted. This year, we are inspiring a different tune to that story. Pumpkin seeds are power houses packed with nutrients. We at Fit Snack can’t stand by and watch you toss those amazing power house seeds into the trash.. We just can’t to it.
Here are 3 simple steps to making the best pumpkin seeds you’ve ever tasted. *inspired by Food Network
- DRY YOUR SEED – After washing, spread the seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and roast 30 minutes to dry them out.
- ADD SPICES – Toss the seeds with olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil for sweet, salt for non-sweet and your choice of spices (see below).
- BAKE – Return to the oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 20 more minutes.
- Sweet Chai: Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and coriander + lakonto sweetner or raw sugar for desired sweetness!
- Spicy Indian: Toss with garam masala, red chili powder or ground red chilies; mix with currants after roasting.
- Mexican: Toss in Taco Seasoning – yes… we said taco seasoning! Add red chili powder for spice; mix with slivered pine nuts.
- Italian: Toss with dried oregano, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese
- Barbecue: Toss with brown sugar, chipotle chile powder and ground cumin OR use your favorite bbq seasoning
5 Ingredient Roasted Poblano Salsa
Now to add to your Halloween Party Fun and impress your guests! Let’s talk chips and dip. You know RW Garcia is one of our all time favorites that is why they are featured in our October Fit Snack Box.
Here is a super easy 5 Ingredient Roasted Poblano Pepper Salsa to go with your RW Garcia Mixed Bag Chips.
- 2 Roasted Poblano peppers (you can roast on stove or in oven until skins are blackened). Set aside to cool.
- Fresh tomatoes (option to cut out the core)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- small handful of cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro, you can just use it as a pretty garnish)
Place it all in your blender or food processor, grind away and it’s ready to go. Chill and enjoy!
Don’t forget you only have 3 days left to get your hands on our packed October Fit Snack Box. Here is a 30% discount on your first box. We hope you have the best Halloween ever!
30% Off. Sale ends 10/31 at Midnight.