Hello, Fit Snacker, and Welcome to your Fit Life Guide.
Inside you’ll find:
- Veggie Sticks: Prep prep prep. Clean, chop and soak your veggies sticks the day before a big day of work or activities. You will have veggies on hand to meet your cravings. When you fuel up with veggies over simple carbs, your body has more energy, you feel better and you create a nutrient rich environment in your body. You’ll enjoy your entire day more! Spice it up or sweeten them, try jicama and add chili flakes and lime or celery with nut butter.
- Drink your veggies: Most of us aren’t getting enough veggies in a day. We have found that if you start your day with a big class of green juice or a green smoothie. You will substantially improve the way you feel for the rest of the day. A veggie breakfast is light, so you won’t get full and sluggish. There are an array of flavors you can include, so it will be smooth and satiating. Go big and enjoy a giant class! See recipe below.
- Your Relationship With Food: You have a relationship with the food you eat. Within your relationship, you can have healthy habits or you can have habits that don’t make you feel very good. Instead of trying to cut out a bunch of foods or cut calories, imagine that eating is your opportunity to be connected to Nature, to the Earth and to the Sun. Plants and Fruits that are not overly cooked have the most energy and the most nutrients, though all cooked variations are important! With meat, you can enjoy grass fed, organic meat. Go for wild caught fresh fish, like Salmon as often as you can.
Fitness Challenge Vol 2.0
Your Personal Trainer created a workout perfect for all levels. Enjoy your workout with Kelsi, one of our favorite Fit Snack Trainers, this month!
Fitness Challenge Levels:
Beginners – Perform it 1x through at your own pace. The video takes you through each exercise. Enjoy the stretch at the end.
Moderate to High Intensity: Build intensity by working up to 6 Rounds where you will repeat round 2 and 3 in between the warm up and cool down! Challenge yourself with pace and form.
Motivation What are your goals? What steps are you taking each day to reach your goals? IG @fitsnack #FueledByFitSnack
Meditation & Mindfulness
It’s ok to love.
3 Mindfulness tips:
Breath – Your breath is your life force. Each breath you take is your participation in the balance of life on earth. By breathing you give and receive life. So when you need something, anything, focus on your breath and bring it in deep into your belly. Then give it away.
Creativity – Creativity is a gift every human is born with, in order to create today and tomorrow. In a fast past society, many people have suppressed their creativity. Make a conscious effort to do something creative everyday. It can be as simple as a 10 minute guided meditation.
All levels Vinyasa Flow
Breath of Clarity
Enjoy this breathing exercise when you need clarity.
Breath in for 3 slow seconds
Breathe out for 6 slow seconds
Repeat this breathing pattern until you get into a cadence for about 5 minutes.
Once you are finished, check in with your mind.
Notice how your mind is less busy and you have more clarity
Breathing is easy. So do this anytime you want to experience some clarity or in preparation for a meditation.
Fit Snack Nutritionist Created and Approved Recipes
GRANOLA BUTTER STUFFED PANCAKE POPPERS
PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 02
- 2 cups Maple Vanilla Grain-Free Clusters
- 2 tbsp coconut Oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot/cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, grind the granola on high. Melt the coconut butter and pour it in. Keep processing for a few minutes or until it starts to turn into a nut butter-like consistency. Transfer to a jar and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the flours, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to eliminate any clumps.
- Add vanilla and almond milk and whisk to combine.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil. Fill each mini muffin 3/4 of the way. Top each with a spoonful of granola butter in the center.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
PREP TIME: 10 min | REFRIGERATOR TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 24
- 1/2 cup RX Nut Butter Peanut Butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein/collagen powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1. Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
2. Refrigerate mixture for about 30 minutes.
3. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls.
PREP TIME: 15 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 10
- 1 jar of raspberry jam
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cup Bakery On Main Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup melted butter (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oats, flour mix, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter until combined. Measure out about 3/4 of the dough and press into the bottom of a lined 8x8in square pan.
- Spoon the jam evenly onto the bottom crust. Take the remaining 1/4 of the dough and sprinkle it over the top of the fruit.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the top comes out golden brown.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into slices and store in an airtight container. Tip: Make your own jam or swap out raspberry for another fruit!
PREP TIME: 5 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 10
- 1 tbsp. RX Nut Butter Vanilla Almond Butter
- 1 single-serve cup RX A.M. Chocolate Oats
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. monk fruit sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 handful granola (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in large bowl and mix together using spoon or hands.
2. With a cookie scoop, gather ingredients and using your hands form into a ball. Repeat.
3. Store balls in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
What’s in Your Box?
Remember to tag @fitsnack