Do you enjoy doing your monthly Fit Snack workouts, but want to make them even more effective?
We love exploring new exercise strategies – it really helps to keep inspiration high and boredom low.
Let’s start with discussing strategies for Circuit training. Blasting fat, building strength and full body sculpting can all be achieved with just a few adjustments to interval timing and exercise.
Our friends at Fitness Magazine, have done an excellent job breaking down these strategies. In summary,
- Melting fat and firming muscles can be achieved by rotating between 1 minute of strength exercise and 1 minute of cardio. You can do approx. Choose 5 strength exercises (pushups, squats etc.) and 5 cardio exercises (jumping jacks, high knees, butt kickers etc.). Complete the circuit 3 times! It’s that easy!
- Sculpt all over by doing 6 strength exercises for 1 minute each. Don’t rest in between and complete the circuit 3 times.
- Bust Boredom and blast calories by doing 5 minutes of low, medium and high intensity cardio. Rest for 10 seconds between each interval and complete the circuit two times. To get really fancy, change your cardio options for the 2nd time through. Some of our favorite cardio options include: walking uphill, stairs, and jump roping.
- Remember to respect your fitness level and adjust each of these exercises as best for you and your body.
Learn more and view detailed exercise examples at Fitness Magazine.
Now that your exercise game is on point, lets talk about habits. The most important thing to success is making a habit out of it. We love the way that Fit Girl’s Diary sums up the the list of Fit Girl Habits. Here are the top 5 and they apply to both Women and Men:
- Always workout on Mondays
- Always eat a healthy breakfast. Did you know breakfast is the first and best opportunity to get your greens and veggies?
- Workout 5 times a week, change it up with our circuit training recommendations above!
- Prioritize Proteins. We recommend whole food protein and supplementing with some of your favorite Fit Snack brands like SunFresh Proteins or Fizzique when your in a crunch for time!
- Start your day with water! A favorite water bottle or big glass pitcher infused with fruit or lemons keeps it refreshing!
To read up on all 25 Fit Girl Habits, visit Fit Girl’s Diary.
Don’t forget that fuel and nutrition are the most important part of your Fitness Journey. After all, abs are made in the kitchen. When you don’t have quite enough time to cook, Fit Snack is here for you! Check out all of the goods in this month’s Fit Snack Box: