It’s pretty normal to carve pumpkins and throw the seeds away or in some cases wash, salt and bake – boring! We don’t usually take the pumpkin carving tradition to the next level… which is making the BEST, most mouth watering pumpkin seeds you’ve ever tasted. This year, we are inspiring a different tune to that story. Pumpkin seeds are power houses packed with nutrients. We at Fit Snack can’t stand by and watch you toss those amazing power house seeds into the trash.. We just can’t to it.
Here are 3 simple steps to making the best pumpkin seeds you’ve ever tasted. *inspired by Food Network
- DRY YOUR SEED – After washing, spread the seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and roast 30 minutes to dry them out.
- ADD SPICES – Toss the seeds with olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil for sweet, salt for non-sweet and your choice of spices (see below).
- BAKE – Return to the oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 20 more minutes.
- Sweet Chai: Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and coriander + lakonto sweetner or raw sugar for desired sweetness!
- Spicy Indian: Toss with garam masala, red chili powder or ground red chilies; mix with currants after roasting.
- Mexican: Toss in Taco Seasoning – yes… we said taco seasoning! Add red chili powder for spice; mix with slivered pine nuts.
- Italian: Toss with dried oregano, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese
- Barbecue: Toss with brown sugar, chipotle chile powder and ground cumin OR use your favorite bbq seasoning
5 Ingredient Roasted Poblano Salsa
Now to add to your Halloween Party Fun and impress your guests! Let’s talk chips and dip. You know RW Garcia is one of our all time favorites that is why they are featured in our October Fit Snack Box.
Here is a super easy 5 Ingredient Roasted Poblano Pepper Salsa to go with your RW Garcia Mixed Bag Chips.
- 2 Roasted Poblano peppers (you can roast on stove or in oven until skins are blackened). Set aside to cool.
- Fresh tomatoes (option to cut out the core)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- small handful of cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro, you can just use it as a pretty garnish)
Place it all in your blender or food processor, grind away and it’s ready to go. Chill and enjoy!
Don’t forget you only have 3 days left to get your hands on our packed October Fit Snack Box. Here is a 30% discount on your first box. We hope you have the best Halloween ever!