Hello, Fit Snacker, and Welcome to your Fit Life Guide.
Inside you’ll find:
How to truly enjoy your food.
Let’s dedicate this month to enjoying food.
Did you know that you can experience the same food with a different mindset and either love it or hate it?
It is all about perspective.
Today, instead of talking about specific foods, we are going to talk about how to bring in appreciation, gratitude and flavor savoring.
3 Simple Steps to Greater Nutritional Enjoyment and Fulfillment
- As you prepare your meal, think about the ingredients and all the energy and hard work it took for you to have each incredible element to work with. Think about the farmers, the earth, the drivers who delivered it to the store, the store workers who put it on the shelf. Think about all and send thoughts of gratitude.
- As you sit down to eat. Stop and take a moment to acknowledge the love that you put into preparing the food. Bring back the gratitude you feel from step one above. Appreciate the opportunity to enjoy the meal before you.
- Prepare a bite, close your eyes, take a deep breath, take a bite, experience each flavor and sensation. Do the same with a beverage if you have one. Truly experience the nourishment and flavors that you are experiencing.
Slowing down to appreciate, savor and love the meals you are experiencing gives you the opportunity to fully experience the flavor and nourishment that life has to offer.
Fitness Challenge Vol 1
Your Personal Trainer created a workout perfect for all levels. Enjoy your workout with Kelsi, one of our favorite Fit Snack Trainers, this month!
Fitness Challenge Levels:
Beginners – Perform it 1x through at your own pace. The video takes you through each exercise. Enjoy stretching at the end.
Moderate to High Intensity: Build the intensity by working up to 5 Rounds where you will repeat round 2 and 3 in between the warm-up and cool down! Challenge yourself with pace and form.
Motivation What are your goals? What steps are you taking each day to reach your goals? IG @fitsnack #FueledByFitSnack #FitSnackChallenge
Mindfulness Tip (Meditation – Selflessness)
Selflessness is the practice of being able to give without needing anything in return. Allowing yourself to contribute selfless acts of kindness to our world is a gift to others as well as to yourself. Your selfless acts allow the law of reciprocity to take motion without motive. By giving without attachment, you can later receive without expectation.
- What can you do today to give back?
- What can you do today to make a difference in someone else’s life?
- What can you do to make this world a brighter place?
Give yourself permission to do something selfless today and see how the universe responds.
The act of selflessness will help you to release the things that you have been holding onto. These things typically sit in our guts. So let the release happen and let your life flow.
I love to nourish my body with beautiful food. I appreciate the food I get to eat.
Yoga With Kimmy
Easy Spicy Avocado Hummus
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- Red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Combine the following in a blender or food processor:
RASPBERRY LEMON ELECTROLYTE MOCKTAIL
This Raspberry Lemon Electrolyte Mocktail is the perfect drink for when you want a treat that is also good for you! It is the most delicious way to stay hydrated! As I continue on this weight loss journey, this is my favorite way to get those essential electrolytes in my diet without any added calories, sugar or carbs! @TheBetteredBlondie.com
- Raspberry Ultima Replenisher Drink Mix – This mix has zero calories, sugar and carbs!
- Lemon Flavored Seltzer Water
- Fresh Lemon
- Fresh Raspberries – you can also use frozen berries
- Mint Leaves
- The first step is to mix one scoop of your Raspberry Ultima Replenisher Drink Mix with 4 oz of water. Stir until fully combined.
- Add your ice to a glass and pour the mix over the ice. Fill the rest of the glass with lemon seltzer water.
- Top with fresh lemon slices, raspberries and mint leaves for an easy and refreshing electrolyte
ELECTROLYTES & THEIR BENEFITS:
Calcium – muscle contractions & nerve function
Chloride – healthy joints
Magnesium – helps prevent cramps
Phosphorus – needed for repair of cells and tissues
Potassium – cardiac muscle support
Sodium – muscle contractions & nerve function
Gluten Free and Sugar Free Oat & Raisin Cookies
- 125 g applesauce [Dairy Free alternative to butter]
- 100 g Monk Fruit
- 100 g Monk Fruit Brown Sugar [alternative to sugar]
- 1 large egg
- 200 g plain gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 150 g Nairn’s Gluten Free Scottish Porridge Oats
- 100 g raisins
- 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180’C and line two baking sheets with baking paper. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl add the melted butter and sugars and stir to mix together.
- Add the egg and mix well. Sift in the flour, bicarb, xanthan gum and cinnamon and mix together using a wooden spoon. It should form a thick, sticky dough.
- Add the oats and raisins and mixed together until fully combined and the raisins are evenly distributed. Break off golf-ball-sized pieces and roll into a ball. Place on the baking sheet and flatten. Repeat until all the mixture is used – leave approx 2-3cm between each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack before eating. Enjoy with a nice cuppa! Will keep for approx a week in a sealed container.
What’s in Your Box?
Share tag us @fitsnack on Social Media
Conundrum Snacks | Maple Smoked Cashews
Maple smoked cashews meticulously crafted in Portland, Oregon. Caution: Addictive!
To purchase, visit www.conundrumsnacks.com use coupon code fitsnack20 for 20% off
Conundrum snacks| Smoked Cashews
Maple-smoked cashews meticulously crafted in Portland, Oregon. Caution: Addictive!
To purchase, visit www.CondundrumSnacks.com and use coupon code fitsnack20 for 20% off.
Kibo Foods | Chips
Thin, Crispy, Light Texture Always Baked, Never Fried!
6-7g of Natural Protein Under 110 calories Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Kosher and Dairy-Free
To purchase, visit www.kibofoods.us and use the coupon code fitsnack20 for 20 off.
Bakery On Main| Unsweetened Oatmeal
A perfect multigrain base of certified gluten-free oats, flax, chia seeds, and the ancient grains, quinoa and amaranth to create your own unique combination of any flavors your taste buds desire!
To purchase, visit www.BakeryOnMain.com
Ultima Replenisher |
Electrolytes without the sugar. Super delicious and supports optimal hydration with electrolytes, trace minerals, vitamin C and zinc. Powder hydration drink mix.
To purchase, visit www.SunAnd Swellfoods.com
Chasin’ Dreams Farm | Crunchy Ancient Grain Cheddar Puffs
Deliciously cheesy ancient grain puffs! Made with 100% US grown sorghum, avocado oil, and organic cheddar cheese, our Crunchy Ancient Grain Puffs are corn free, gluten free, Non-GMO and nothing artificial!
To purchase, visit www.www.chasindreamsfarm.com and use coupon code FITSNACK20 for 20% off your purchase.
Gary Poppins | Classic Cheddar Gourmet Popcorn
Perfectly popped kernels are paired with creamy, artisan cheddar to create a proper cheese-lover’s delight.
To purchase, visit www.GaryPoppins.com and use coupon code fitsnack20 for 20% off.