Hello, Fit Snacker, and Welcome to your Fit Life Guide.
Inside you’ll find:
Nutritional Tips: In the Heat of Summer
Summertime Nutrition Made Easy!
We all may be thinking about that hot summer bod and being bathing suit ready, but more importantly we have to understand that Summer is a unique time of year where are bodies have very specific needs. The heat of summer along with our activities call for extra hydration, extra light food and extra recovery. Here are some of our go-to nutrition and health tips and tricks:
- WATER | Drink more than you think is enough. Utilize an extra large water bottle. Add flavor such as cucumbers, strawberry and fresh mint, lemon or lime. Be sure to ice it up to help cool you down.
- FRUIT | Fruit has water in it! Enjoy cold, fresh fruit over sugary snack alternatives. The antioxidants will help to keep you healthy and keep your skin glowing after all of that sun!
- SALADS | Enjoy fresh salads that incorporate a diverse array of ingredients. Include greens, nuts, veggies, berries and cheese if you like! The nutrients will help to keep your body happy without weighing you down.
- DRINK YOUR MEALS | Smoothies are an incredible way to stay hydrated, cool off and get a lot of nutrition in one serving. Try different smoothies so that you don’t get bored. This week, make tropical smoothies, green smoothies next week, and berry smoothies the week after.
Fitness Challenge Vol 7
Your Personal Trainer created a workout perfect for all levels. Enjoy your workout with Justin, one of our favorite Fit Snack Trainers, this month!
Fitness Challenge Levels:
Beginners – Perform it 1x through at your own pace. The video takes you through each exercise. Enjoy stretching at the end.
Moderate to High Intensity: Build the intensity by working up to 5 Rounds where you will repeat round 2 and 3 in between the warm-up and cool down! Challenge yourself with pace and form.
Motivation What are your goals? What steps are you taking each day to reach your goals? IG @fitsnack #FueledByFitSnack
New Beginnings Meditation with Shaman Rose
Finding Your Zen
Now take a deep breath and feel your life force and feel how beautiful it is to be alive.
All levels Vinyasa Flow
Meditation brings wisdome.
When we meditate through yoga, our bodies get to connect with our minds and spirits.
This sacred connection allows us to be more in tune with our truth and our path. We can experience life in many ways, that is our freedom. With yoga, we an experience life from a place of connectedness, inner peace and alignment. A life experienced in this way, is a life with less friction and stress. It is a practice and we will ebb and flow through it. It will take commitment to achieve this. The commitment does not have to look one way at all times. Your practice will change as your life changes and as your body changes. There will be times where relaxation yoga is the key part of your practice and other times where vinyasa is your go to. The more you learn and experience, the more you will see that yoga is here to help you through this beautiful journey of life.
Fit Snack Nutritionist Created and Approved Recipes
PREP 10 Min | BAKE TIME: 40 Min | YIELD: 04 – 06
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 5 packets Bakery on Main Maple Multigrain Muffin Instant Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 4 large apples diced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free ice cream or yogurt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond extract, oats and almond meal. Using hands, add the butter into the oat mixture and mix well; the mixture will clump together when combined. Add apples and dried cherries; mix well to combine.
- Transfer the apple mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes; remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with dairy-free ice cream or yogurt, if desired.
PREP TIME: 10 min | Bake Time: 12 Min|
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free 1:1 ﬂour
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ﬁne sea salt
- 1/2 cup reﬁned coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free 1:1 ﬂour, gluten free rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, and Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, add the melted coconut oil and coconut Mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add the grated ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice, almond extract, and egg. Mix on low speed until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the ﬂour/oat mixture and mix until just
- Using a #24 cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 3 inches apart (I ﬁt 6 cookies per baking sheet).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Plant Fusion Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brainiac® Cinnamon Applesauce Granola
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Total Time: 40 Mins
INGREDIENTS (Yields 2 Cups)
- ¼ cup Brainiac® Cinnamon Applesauce
- ¼ cup agave (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the applesauce, agave, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cinnamon and salt. Make sure it’s well combined.
- Stir in the oats and walnuts until well coated.
- Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Spread out the granola into an even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes. (You want it to just begin to brown on the bottom.)
- Gently flip over with a spatula. If you like really clumpy granola, be careful not to break it apart.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes until the granola is crunchy.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Transfer to an airtight container to store it.
What’s in Your Box?
Share tag us @fitsnack on Social Media
Prince of Peace Ginger | Ginger Chews Plus+ Original
For sensitive stomachs, nausea or digestive issues, Prince of Peace Ginger Chews Plus+ is the all-natural solution for promoting a healthy stomach. The extra boost of concentrated ginger extract makes our chews the tastiest way to stomach relief. Available at select Kroger stores and kroger.com.
To purchase, visit www.princeofpeaceginger.com.
Bakery on Main | Unsweetened Instant Oatmeal
A perfect multigrain base of certified gluten-free oats, flax, chia seeds, and the ancient grains, quinoa and amaranth to create your own unique combination of any flavors your taste buds desire! Because of a premium multigrain base, delight in 47g of whole grains per 50g serving and a good source of ALA and an excellent source of fiber!
To purchase, visit www.BakeryOnMain.com.
Plant Fusion | Complete Protein
A fusion of plant-based whole food nutrients that curb hunger and support weight loss.
To purchase, visit www.PlantFusion.com and use coupon code FITSNACK20 for 20% off.
From The Ground Up | Cauliflower Crackers- Cheddar
Cauliflower meets cracker. Game over! Dip ‘em, top ‘em, mix ‘em –there’s no wrong way to eat ‘em. What a win!
To purchase, visit www.FromTheGroundUpSnacks.com
fitsnack20 20% off.
Bakery On Main | Granola Bars – Organic Peanut Butter Chocolate
These bars are packed with beneficial nutrients and wholesome ingredients. Combining the irresistible flavors of organic peanut butter and chocolate, these soft and chewy granola bars are perfect for on-the-go snacking.
To purchase, visit www.BakeryOnMain.com
Bakery On Main | Monster Cookie Decadent Granola
Combining the delicious flavors of dark chocolate and premium nuts and sprinkles, this granola is perfect for sprinkling over ice cream or into a bowl with milk for a wholesome breakfast.
To purchase, visit www.BakeryOnMain.com.