Hello, Fit Snacker, and Welcome to your Fit Life Guide.
Hello, Fit Snacker!
We understand life is busy, which is why we aim to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle in a fun and more convenient way. This month you’ll find a wide variety of delicious, yet healthy and innovative snacks. Your snacks have been hand-picked by our nutritionist to ensure healthier options with high-quality ingredients.
To inspire you to live a fit, fun and healthy lifestyle, we crafted this digital portion to add to your box.
Inside you’ll find:
- Detox Tips. Detox does not have to be extreme. Here are some everyday ways you can nourish your body from the inside out and detox your body and mind. 1. Implement meditation even 10 minutes a day. 2. Start your day with lemon water. Detox the gut. 3. Dry brush before your shower detox your lymphatic system for good blood flow. Great for skin and to boost your immune system. 4. Start using a Facial Roller after your shower with some coconut oil for youthful skin and to ease stress that builds up in your temples. These little detox techniques will make a big difference in your overall health.
- Eat pure food to eliminate bloat. Foods with purely whole food ingredients. It’s true there is no quick fix, no one size fits all. If you want to try to help your body eliminate bloat try this. Three days total, aim to incorporate primarily foods that are sugar free, caffeine free, dairy free made with primarily vegetables, legumes, quinoa and limit animal products. This is a guideline for you to look at each category and to try shifting your focus to all the possibilities of new healthy foods that you want to feed your body to thrive. Learn what pure foods work best for YOU. The more you get in the habit of including pure foods into your diet the more you will notice a boost in your vitality. Bloat often means your gut is needing some extra love in the form of more pure foods. One sample meal would be: quinoa, 1/2 c. turkey, 1 zucchini chopped and sautéed with onion in coconut oil.
- What does balance look like for you. Be specific. What key actions can you do and take each day to grow into the person you want to be in one month or one year. Think of the time these tasks take to accomplish each day. Become dedicated to your self improvement. If you fall off the wagon get right back up and right back on. It is through that love and dedication you will hold yourself accountable to achieving your goals.
Fitness Challenge Vol 1.0
Your Personal Trainer created a workout perfect for all levels, that can even be enjoyed as a family during the holidays! Let’s come together and get movin and grovin.
Fitness Challenge Levels:
Beginners – Perform it 1x through at your own pace. The video takes you through each exercise and one full round of the workout. Focus on form.
Moderate to High Intensity: Build intensity by working up to 6 Rounds where you will repeat round 2 and 3 in between the warm up and cool down! Challenge yourself with pace and form.
Motivation What are your goals? What steps are you taking each day to reach your goals? IG @fitsnack #FueledByFitSnack
Meditation & Mindfulness
It’s ok to love.
3 Mindfulness tips:
Love is – a simple, nonjudgemental gesture that allows you to enjoy being in the moment with yourself and others. When you are loving, you are not worrying. When you are loving, you are not stressing. When you are loving, you are not fearing.
Holiday Happiness from the Inside Out: Take this time to stock up on all of the things that make you happy. The abundance of the holidays and all they have to offer. Let yourself be in the moment and be joyful. You’ve worked hard this year!
A Mindfulness Challenge when you are with loved ones this holiday season. Put your phone away. Make eye contact. Be emerged in the time with them. For those “staying at home”, do this on zoom or FaceTime! Be present.
All levels Vinyasa Flow
Mindfulness For Stress Caused by the holidays:
Breathe in deeply and imagine the energy building up in your body
Breathe out and imagine the energy leaving your body
Breathe in and imagine the energy coming back
Breathe out and imagine the energy leaving
With this technique you become the flow of energy.
You can release control and be in the flow.
How nice it is to be flowing the way life is meant to flow.
Fit Snack Nutritionist Created and Approved Recipes
GRANOLA BUTTER STUFFED PANCAKE POPPERS
PREP TIME: 10 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 02
- 2 cups Maple Vanilla Grain-Free Clusters
- 2 tbsp coconut Oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot/cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, grind the granola on high. Melt the coconut butter and pour it in. Keep processing for a few minutes or until it starts to turn into a nut butter-like consistency. Transfer to a jar and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the flours, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to eliminate any clumps.
- Add vanilla and almond milk and whisk to combine.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil. Fill each mini muffin 3/4 of the way. Top each with a spoonful of granola butter in the center.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
PREP TIME: 10 min | REFRIGERATOR TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 24
- 1/2 cup RX Nut Butter Peanut Butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein/collagen powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1. Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
2. Refrigerate mixture for about 30 minutes.
3. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls.
PREP TIME: 15 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 10
- 1 jar of raspberry jam
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cup Bakery On Main Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup melted butter (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oats, flour mix, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter until combined. Measure out about 3/4 of the dough and press into the bottom of a lined 8x8in square pan.
- Spoon the jam evenly onto the bottom crust. Take the remaining 1/4 of the dough and sprinkle it over the top of the fruit.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the top comes out golden brown.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into slices and store in an airtight container. Tip: Make your own jam or swap out raspberry for another fruit!
PREP TIME: 5 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 10
- 1 tbsp. RX Nut Butter Vanilla Almond Butter
- 1 single-serve cup RX A.M. Chocolate Oats
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. monk fruit sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 handful granola (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in large bowl and mix together using spoon or hands.
2. With a cookie scoop, gather ingredients and using your hands form into a ball. Repeat.
3. Store balls in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
What’s in Your Box?
Remember to tag @fitsnack