Hello, Fit Snacker, and Welcome to your Fit Life Guide.
Inside you’ll find:
An introduction to Intuitive Eating by our friends Brooke Miller & Alyssa Miller, both Registered Dietitians. They can be found on Instagram @nutrition.for.mamas & @the.mama.well.
Intuitive Eating is the establishment of a relationship with eating and food that honors both physical and mental health.
Intuitive Eating consists of 10 principles of self-care eating framework, which integrates instinct, emotion, and rational thought and was created by two dietitians, Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch.
To Get You Started, Here are 3 Tips on Becoming an Intuitive Eater:
1. Eat regularly throughout the day and don’t skip meals. If you skip meals and show up to a meal overly hungry, you will likely eat past fullness.
2. Add in some type of movement daily that you enjoy to boost your energy and mood; walking counts!
3. Ditch the scale & tune in to other body cues instead like: hunger, fullness, & how food makes you feel. The book “Intuitive Eating” is a great resource to start!
Fitness Challenge Vol 4
Your Personal Trainer created a workout perfect for all levels. Enjoy your workout with Kelsi, one of our favorite Fit Snack Trainers, this month!
Fitness Challenge Levels:
Beginners – Perform it 1x through at your own pace. The video takes you through each exercise. Enjoy the stretch at the end.
Moderate to High Intensity: Build the intensity by working up to 6 Rounds where you will repeat round 2 and 3 in between the warm-up and cool down! Challenge yourself with pace and form.
Motivation What are your goals? What steps are you taking each day to reach your goals? IG @fitsnack #FueledByFitSnack
Meditation & Mindfulness
*How to become your own healer*
Work with the Elements – Our environment is made to help us live, flourish and heal. The sun gives us energy, the lakes and streams give us hydration, the plants give us Oxygen. We are supported by our Earth in every way, everyday it is how we survive and thrive on our Earth.
Here are a few easy to do things that you can do to become your own healer.
- When you have pain or negative thoughts: Ask the sun to take heal your pain and to transform your thoughts into healing energy. Ask out loud while laying in the grass. Practice, practice practice.
- Feeling heavy? Go for a swim, but let yourself lay in the water and ask out loud, “Water, take my heaviness, transform it into light, help me to feel lighter”, Practice, Practice Practice.
All levels Vinyasa Flow
Breath of Clarity
Enjoy this breathing exercise when you need clarity.
Breath in for 3 slow seconds
Breathe out for 6 slow seconds
Repeat this breathing pattern until you get into a cadence for about 5 minutes.
Once you are finished, check in with your mind.
Notice how your mind is less busy and you have more clarity
Breathing is easy. So do this anytime you want to experience some clarity or in preparation for a meditation.
Fit Snack Nutritionist Created and Approved Recipes
PREP & COOK TIME: 20 Min | YIELD: 08
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Ideas Portobello Mushroom
- Glazed tofu pieces
- 4 mushrooms, chopped and lightly sautéed in 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 small garlic clove
- 4 spears or asparagus, lightly sautéed in 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped
To Make Glazed Tofu:
- 1 (11oz) block of firm tofu, prepared according to pack instructions and sliced into small cubes
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy – or tamari for a gluten-free option
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha or 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Toss the tofu cubes in a bowl with the cornflour.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet on a medium-high heat and cook the tofu until golden brown – about 5-7 minutes. Transfer onto a plate and leave to the side while you prepare the sauce.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, then add the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Cook for another minute until it thickens slightly, then add the tofu cubes.
- Cook for another couple of minutes until the tofu pieces are evenly coated with the sauce.
PREP TIME: 10 min | REFRIGERATOR TIME: 30 min | YIELD: 8
- 1 cup Maple Multigrain Oatmeal – Bakery On Main
- ½ cup RX Vanilla Almond Nut Butter
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Dried cherries
- ¼ cup Almonds or Walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of the food processor fitted with the metal blade
- Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and thoroughly mixed
- Add more oats if it’s too sticky or more fruit or syrup if too dry
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Scoop a small amount of the dough using a cookie scoop or spoon and roll into a balls
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
PREP TIME: 5 min | COOK TIME: 0 min | YIELD: 1
- 1 packet Plant Fusion Cookies N Cream Protein
- 1 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ice
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in blender or Vitamix and blend until smooth
- Pour into chilled glass
- Microwave topping mix for 10 seconds, pour over smoothie
What’s in Your Box?
Share tag us @fitsnack on Social Media