Hello, Fit Snacker, and Welcome to your Fit Life Guide.
Inside you’ll find:
Nutritional Tips: Healthy Habits
Create Healthy Habits During the Busy Back to School Season
Life is busy. Now is the time to transform your kitchen and your life by checking in on your habits. Creating new habits will make your life so much easier.
- Healthy Replacement for Substitutes | Replace – candy with fruit, chips with nuts, white rice with brown rice, sliced white bread with pita bread, mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower, sour cream with greek yogurt, flour tortilla with corn tortilla, mayo with mashed avocado, and fruit juice with fruit water.
- Prep Snacks in Advance | In addition to your Fit Snacks, prep your snacks in advance so that you have your own grab and go. Wash and cut your veggies into veggie sticks, wash and separate into ready to go containers, prep your salad so that it is easy to throw in chopped veggies, add dressing and go.
- Meal Prep Made Easy | Cook a super healthy dinner, prepare how every many lunches you need the next day at the same time and pack them away when you serve your plates. That way each day your lunches are fresh, delicious and healthy. Include a protein, vegetable and healthy starch like brown rice. Let this be a staple template for 3 to 4 dinners per week.
- Insta Pot & Crock Pot | Make a healthy meal in a pot so that it is easy to separate and eat on the go. Remember it can cook when you are at work. In the case of an Insta Pot you can make healthy meals in just 1 hour or less. Get creative and find 1 new recipe to try every week.
Fitness Challenge Vol 8
Your Personal Trainer created a workout perfect for all levels. Enjoy your workout with Justin, one of our favorite Fit Snack Trainers, this month!
Fitness Challenge Levels:
Beginners – Perform it 1x through at your own pace. The video takes you through each exercise. Enjoy stretching at the end.
Moderate to High Intensity: Build the intensity by working up to 5 Rounds where you will repeat round 2 and 3 in between the warm-up and cool down! Challenge yourself with pace and form.
Motivation What are your goals? What steps are you taking each day to reach your goals? IG @fitsnack #FueledByFitSnack
New Beginnings Meditation with Shaman Rose
Stillness is something that the modern world has become more and more uncomfortable with. In a world of instant access to everything, instant messaging and instant response expectation – being still is becoming more and more difficult.
Like everything, we have to build our own boundaries and our own practice. To do this in an easier way, Shaman Rose is here to guide you. Enjoy this meditation each week and build up your ability to enjoy the stillness.
Stillness lies in perception and attention.
A quiet mind creates inner stillness.
Allow for true experience of outer movement.
The flow of the water, the song of the bird, the beat of the breath.
The music and dance of all things around take flight into a masterpiece that you may enjoy.
Now take a deep breath and feel your life force and feel how beautiful it is to be alive.
All levels Vinyasa Flow
A Mantra is defined as “that which from troubles and limitations”. Print this mantra and hang is on your mirror or wall to help you create transformation! If this mantra doesn’t resonate with you, create your own, but be sure to print it and use it.
I am at home in my body and comfortable in my stillness.
Fit Snack Nutritionist Created and Approved Recipes
by Shopify API March 13, 2020
These peanut butter banana muffins are exactly what you need for a morning pick-me-up! They are naturally sweetened with real maple syrup and natural These no-bake granola cookie dough cups are the real deal! No baking equals less waiting and more time to enjoy these tasty cups. They are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and loaded with vegan dark chocolate, nut butter, and Bunches of Crunches
Ingredients: Cookie Dough Layer
- ½ cup creamy almond butter or cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 cup Bunches of Crunches Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips (or regular)
- Sea Salt to taste
Ingredients: Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a mini muffin pan with about 16 liners or a regular muffin pan with about 10 if you do not have a mini pan. The number of cups depends on how big you want to make each cup.
- Prepare the chocolate layer by combining the coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Place into the microwave and melt in 30-second increments. (Ours took a minute).
- Drop a spoonful into the bottom of each muffin liner to create a base of chocolate then place it in the freezer. Make sure to save some chocolate for the top layer.
- Make your cookie dough while the bottom layer freezes. Combine the runny almond butter and maple syrup. Mix in the almond flour and sea salt until a dough is formed. Stir in the granola and chocolate chips.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and add the cookie dough mixture to the liners and press down on them. This will act as the middle layer.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate on top of each cookie dough layer. You can experiment and stack layers if you have more dough or room! Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the cups harden, they are ready to eat! Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
PREP TIME: 10 min | Bake Time: 12 Min|
- 2 cups small chopped cauliflower
- 4 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or ½ lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp hemp oil or flax oil or natural sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp himalayan salt
- Sprinkle cracked pepper
- Garnish with parsley
1.Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
HEALTHY TURKEY CHILI
- 1-2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Orange/Red Bell Pepper
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Red Beans
- 1 can Corn
- 1 28 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 heaping tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt + more to taste
- Cauliflower Tortilla Chips
- Sauté the onion and pepper on medium-high heat until they begin to soften.
- Add in the turkey and cook until the turkey is no longer pink. Make sure to break up the turkey while stirring.
- Rinse and drain the beans/corn and add all ingredients to the Crock-Pot. Add the turkey/onion/pepper mixture and stir until combined. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Topped with cashew mozzarella, cilantro and Cauliflower Tortilla Chips.
PlantFusion Pink Drink
A copy-cat recipe for your favorite coffee shop drink – with added collagen-boosting benefits! Try out PlantFusion’s Pink Drink!
- PlantFusion plant-based complete plant peptides Collagen Beauty, Strawberry Lemonade
- 10 oz water
- 2 oz coconut milk
- Strawberry slices, optional for garnish
- Add one scoop of PlantFusion strawberry lemonade collagen beauty to 10 oz of water and shake until dissolved.
- Pour over ice and strawberry slices, then top with a splash of coconut milk. Stir until combined and enjoy!
What’s in Your Box?
Share tag us @fitsnack on Social Media
Herbaland | Electrolyte Fitness Gummie
Refresh, Rehydrate, and Recharge with our Electrolyte Fitness Gummies! Made with natural coconut water and packed with essential electrolytes,
To purchase, visit Herbaland.com and use coupon code fitsnack20 for 20% off
Pop Zero | Sea Salt
Our Sea Salt flavor makes snacking simple with only 3 ingredients: Algae Oil, Sea Salt and XL Non-GMO Kernels. Yup, that’s it.
To purchase, visit www.PopZeroPopcorn.com and use the coupon code fitsnack20 for 20% off.
Plant Fusion | Collagen Beauty Strawberry Lemonade
Advanced blend of plant peptides and botanicals to protect collagen, increase skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
To purchase, visit www.PlantFusion.com and use coupon code FITSNACK20 for 20% off.
From The Ground Up | Cauliflower Tortilla Chips Sea Salt
Meet the real M.V.C.- Most Versatile Chip. Cauliflower Tortilla Chip that is! Are you dippin’ or just straight chippin’?
To purchase, visit www.FromTheGroundUpSnacks.com
fitsnack20 20% off.
Bakery On Main | Dark Sea Salt Chocolate Granola
Combining the deliciously sweet and salty flavors of chocolate and sea salt, these clusters are perfect for snacking on the go or sprinkling into a bowl of milk for a wholesome breakfast.
To purchase, visit www.BakeryOnMain.com
Buddha Brands | Hungry Buddha Bar – Lemon Blueberry
When life gave us lemons, we combined them with blueberries to make the freshest plant-powered bar there ever was. Carefully crafted with only purposeful, allergy-friendly ingredients.
To purchase, visit www.BuddhaBrands.com and use coupon code FITSNACK20 for 20% off the purchase of (2) boxes of Hungry Buddha Bars + free shipping. Single use, expires 12/31/2021
Foods Alive | Onion Garlic Flax Crackers
Snacking on a whole new level. Organic, Keto, Vegan, Gluten-Free. Made with Flax and Chia to provide Omega-3, Protein, and Fiber.
To purchase, visit www.FoodsAlive.com and use coupon code fitsnack20 for 20% off.